Sunday, November 12, 2006

I'm No Expert

In spite of the fact that I have a B.A. in English, I am not an expert in writing. I'm also not a published writer, unless you count blogs! ("I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.") It's not my intention to use this blog to teach writing--I just wanted a place to discuss writing and to post ideas and information that I think might be useful to others, as well as to keep track of it for myself.

I plan to blog about any topic related to all types of writing--essays, poetry, non-fiction, fiction, and academic. I'll probably talk about grammar as well as composition. I hope that as people find my blog, they will feel free to post comments and ideas and information of their own. Even if some of the posts are old hat, I hope there will occasionally be some new information, ideas, websites, or books mentioned that will prove useful.

I also would like to write about books and literature sometimes, since those topics interest me as well, and are closely related to writing.

Here's to new ventures!

2 comments:

T. F. Stern said...

Go for it; have fun and write for yourself as if you were the only one who would ever gain enjoyment from your efforts. I too have a separate blog for fiction, stuff I wrote to amuse myself and posted for my friends and family.

I did have to kill the comment section on the stories blog when a computer left hundreds of unwanted comments all over the place.

Mary A said...

Thanks for the encouragement, T.F. I will see how this goes, but I've always wanted to do a lot of writing, and this will be a place to talk about writing and also to eventually post some things I've been working on.