Saturday, December 23, 2006

Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy (and Other Kinds of Novels/Stories)

I've discovered a writing course online (and it's a freebie!). It is Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy by Jeffrey Carver. I've put a link in the sidebar, too.

There are things you can learn from this course that will help you write any type of fiction, even though the focus is on science fiction and fantasy. Mr. Carver, a published writer, has a Quick Launch section to get you started writing very quickly, plus what he calls Hyperspace for more in depth learning.

Give it a read and see if it helps you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I will check it out! I have a goal of paying for an online course when I am ready. I want to learn a lot and practice a lot before making that investment.

Mary A said...

Barb, this would help you know what a writer's course is like, too, as well as giving you some practice, so you could decide if you thought it would be helpful. I want to see what it's like myself!