Saturday, January 6, 2007

First Post of the New Year

What with the holidays and various minor illnesses that have left me not feeling up to par, I haven't made a brilliant first-of-the-year post yet. Nor will I today.

Be that as it may, I have a new toy. It's called LibraryThing and on it you can catalog all your books. You can list up to 200 books for free, then after that you can pay $10 a year, or $25 for a lifetime membership and list all the books you want. I have 190 up--and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have also rigged it to display random books in my sidebar on each of my blogs. You can click on "my library" in the phrase "Random Books from my library" in the sidebar and look at my catalog of books at LibraryThing. Cool, eh?!

Better posts to come in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! When you think how rare books used to be, it boggles the mind to think of how many you own. I don't think I own too many myself. But my household has shelves upon shelves of books.

Happy New Year!

Mary A said...

Hi, Barb! Yes, it does seem amazing that we can have books so freely when there was a time when they simply weren't that available to ordinary people like me! I'll play with this awhile and see how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Mary, the site where I was poetry moderator closed. As in most things, there was a silver lining. I wanted to find a way to contact a friend who I thought used her same addy elsewhere including her own home page. In doing so, I found a site called latterdayauthors.com or maybe org. If you haven't seen it, check it out!

I see Pride and Prejudice is one of your favorite books. I haven't read the book yet. I saw the movie for the first time ever last week. Oh so good!

Mary A said...

Barb, Pride and Prejudice is a favorite book. You will enjoy reading it, I'm sure!

Thanks for the head's up on that latter day author site--I'll check it out!