Saturday, February 17, 2007

Anton Chekhov

I hear a lot about Anton Chekhov and what a great writer he is, but I haven't read much of his work--and the little I have read was in college anthologies years ago. I want to read his work and also about him, but since I am on a severe book budget at the moment, I decided to see what there was on the internet.

At The Literature Network, I found a page devoted to Anton Chekhov. It contains links to his works and there are forums discussing him and his work.

The Literature Network has many other authors and works, so you might enjoy exploring the entire site. Sample the forums, too, while you are there. Those might be interesting to read and maybe participate in.

Exploring different writers can expand your own ideas for writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I have a mental block here. Well, my Intro to Literature professor hated poetry and short stories and I think he must have made some remark about Anton. I better check out the link so I can have some real perspective rather than the thoughts of cynic.

Mary A said...

Barb, I haven't read enough yet to make up my own mind, but some writers, however great they are considered to be, just aren't for everybody. For example, I avoid Thomas Hardy like the plague--he's too depressing for words!!