Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cranky Librarians and Other Things

Not too long ago, I discovered another site with books online. It also has art, poetry, fairy tales, short stories, a book on making handshadows, and all sorts of interesting things. It's called The Cranky Librarian. There's even a little librarian to shush you! Have fun looking it over!

Over at Bartleby, you can read The Cambridge History of English and American Literature. Have a look at their reference page for all kinds of material to entertain and educate yourself.

English Literature on the Web is another site with a list of links for various periods so you can pick out what particularly interests you.

For news and reviews on new books, try Readers Read, a blog with all sorts of information and links.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoosh! How cute! I read in an alumni magazine from my grade school that my grade school librarian who was a nun retired not too long ago. She was a calming presence. Never preachy. I thought it was cool that when I found misplaced books that she paid me back money in dues. :)

Mary A said...

Glad you liked the site, Barb! I thought it was a good one. Your grade school librarian sounds like a lovely person.