Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fog in December

The weather in Oklahoma City today is foggy and drizzly. It started yesterday and has continued overnight. It is, thankfully, above freezing, so it is a pleasant kind of fall weather--the sort you wouldn't want to last indefinitely, but pleasant for awhile.

The fallen leaves at the office range from a deep burgundy to orange, yellow, and brown. Sometimes we have Canadian geese in the parking lot. There are several lakes around the city, both large and small, and the geese apparently like to rest here on their way south. We also enjoy their presence in the church parking lot. They stroll around and stare at the people. Perhaps it is their idea of a zoo!

The drizzle is light, but steady, and drips off the trees and roofs. The misty air is cool and refreshing. The fog varies in thickness from place to place and from time to time. It is the perfect sort of day to get out a little and then settle in at home, where it's warm and cozy and dry. Definitely hot chocolate weather.

It is quiet, too, as most people are not yet out and about. I changed my windshield wipers yesterday and am glad I did. The old ones were worn out and were almost worse than not having windshield wipers. I also needed a new taillight bulb. My friends told me to go to a certain auto parts store and they would change it for me. Ha! I guess I didn't look helpless enough. I didn't have any trouble changing it myself, though, so I'm good to go.

We are expecting this pleasant weather to change to ice sometime tomorrow and on through Tuesday and maybe Wednesday. It might snow, but the weathermen are mostly talking freezing rain, which is a major headache. It's pretty to look at from inside, though. Here's hoping it doesn't get too bad!

No comments: